Thursday, January 19, 2012

Buying new hard drive....suggestions?

So I've got about 400GB on my comp now, and it's almost all filled up.



So it's about time I buy a 1TB, as this will be easily enough for the next year or two, until SSD prices come down.



My question is, what brands can you recommend? I have two WD right now, and they've worked great.



I shop off of newegg all the time, and when I read the reviews. I can't ever decide because there are always good reviews and bad, so I don't know which to go with.



btw I'm looking here



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis鈥?/a>



Any suggestions from your experience? Cheers!!Buying new hard drive....suggestions?
I would go with a samsung spinpoint f3 drive. They are currently one of the fastest drives available an are faster around 15% faster then caviar blacks from western digital.

This is coming from someone who has bought atleast 25+ WD drives. I recently started using samsung drives. They are just as reliable as WD alsoBuying new hard drive....suggestions?
I recommend getting WD Caviar Black. i found this in newegg.com



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533Buying new hard drive....suggestions?
well with hard drives the larger size you have and larger rpm the more chance for failure alot of bad reviews on newegg is DOA's because UPS doesnt take care of electronics or even ask for signatures may i add (grah!) so i suggest if you can staying less than or equal to 1tb whats your price range because that can effect it too. does it matter how fast it is? does hdd cache run ranks to you? i have purchase this hard drive right here and i have 2 of them and have had them so far for about 2 months and they run exceedingly well except they are a bit on the noisy side (the loudest thing in my machine) but i am alright with this because they are 1tb each and are 7200 rpm (which is the fastest you can get for normal human being prices usually) they have a 16mb cache and are by hitachi which i have in 3 laptops at home and multiple at work and have not failed me and i run a lot of hdd intense programs my family pcs have had Western digitals in them and have never failed but i bought te 2tb caviar green and it failed in a week but newegg gave me full refund (this is what i meant by failure) but these are the drives i currently have and i like them alot.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>

(and theyre cheep too :D)

hope i helped

No comments:

Post a Comment