Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have a mutineer sailboat?

I have a mutineer sailboat. I purchased the trailer boat and sails complete except the sails needed repair. It was $300. I believe it was a good deal. It is large enough to fit about 5-6 people. What i am wondering is the year. I know they were produced in the '70s. I believe mine is an '80s model because the hull is red. Can anybody confirm this? Also i need a knew jib sail. This is part of reason i need to know the year because the sails could be different sizes? Does anyone have a jib sail for sale. I will pay shipping and your asking price within reason. I am also looking for a new outboard bracket. Mine has what looks to be half of one and the actual mount is missing but the bracket is there. Please help. JeffI have a mutineer sailboat?
sounds like you got a good deal on a great daysailer.



your jib is about 50 sq. ft. and is the following size



luff=15.08', foot=7.29', leach=14.38', luff perp.=6.87'



used jibs are often listed on ebay and you may find one that will fit.



you can also contact your local sail maker and have one built for you.



to learn more about your boat contact this web site



http://mutineer15.org/



they list specs for your boat and show boat cap at 750 lbs. they also have the orig rigging manual available on line.



the above web site can also recommend a sailmaker to you.



there is only one jib size listed for your boat.



hope this helps
  • used boats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment