Thursday, January 19, 2012

What type of school would I have to go to if I wanted to be a Magazine Editor?

Well, first off I'm 14, and ever since I got photo-shop, I've been tinkering around with it. I even made an exact duplicate of Bop, 17, and Time magazine covers. I've decided that's what I want to do with my life. I've been doing it for about four to five years. I know I want to go to college in Chicago. So websites of that College would also help me out. But I also need to know what type of courses I'll need to be taking. My guidance counselor said that I have a very promising career in it. I'm in 8th grade now and she advises me to look into it now so I can get a bigger headstart. She said that's what most colleges look for.What type of school would I have to go to if I wanted to be a Magazine Editor?
In my opinion, it would be best for you to go into graphic design which could lead to a career as a magazine editor. I just did some research and i think your best bet would be columbia college. Its an arts and media college. You need to keep your grades up to around a 3.0 GPA. Also start looking into making a portfolio of your work. Try to get onto a school paper, photography group, school magazine.. those sorts of things. Itll cost you about 18,000 a year. so you should probably get a part time job



I hope I didnt bum you out, i wasnt trying to

hope this helps go to

http://www.colum.edu/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment