Thursday, January 19, 2012

Music, music everywhere...are we listening to too much music?

Go into a shop, pub, bar cafe,garage, home. On the bus, train plane walking done the street, coming out of peoples car windows.How much are we actually listening to as apposed to just hearing.

I have over 300 cds, 500 albums on my itunes and about 300 plus vinyl albums and 100 plus 12" and 7" single and a few tape cassettes yet I can count on the palm of one hand the amount of times during a week I listen to any music. To me its like reading a book you give it your attention. True I listen to a lot of jazz, mostly be bop which is crap as back ground music if your not listening your lost in 2 minutes.Music, music everywhere...are we listening to too much music?
if music is becoming noise and it is affecting your life like this you maybe stressed.



Do you live in a big city?

Are you happy?



I would advise learning to meditate, visiting the country side regularly, take a bath, sing!, cuddle your partner, visit a floatation tank, paint, have a massage, laugh, see a therapist or anything that makes you feel centred.



hope this helps.
music is life, buddyMusic, music everywhere...are we listening to too much music?
well, where would we be without music?
You can never have enough music. Given the choice of music or TV, I know what I would choose!



As well as my CD etc collection, add own keyboard, guitars and other instruments and you get the geist.Music, music everywhere...are we listening to too much music?
music is a part of life!
Music is my feeding tube! I believe we need better music though, we need to bring back Nu Metal.
uhm, i dont understand the phrase "are we listening to too much music?" could you speak english please, because that seems to translate into "im a terrible person". music just backgrounds life.

No comments:

Post a Comment