Thursday, January 12, 2012

Do you think I am too young to own a boat?

I just turned 18 a few weeks ago. My parents want to get me a car as a graduation present that is worth around 25000 dollars. However I don't want a car. I want a small sailboat that I can live in. I know it sounds very weird but this is what I want. There is a really nice boat that is up for sale. It's only 25 feet and the owner asks for 27000 dollars. I fell in love with the moment I saw it.

I have been sailing for 2 years now. My dad owns another boat, a 42 feet bavaria in another city. We have to catch a plane to go to our boat and that sucks! And even when we go there I don't get to spend enough time aboard because we have relatives who live there and I am supposed to be with them.

Before I break the news to my parents I am considering if I can handle the responsibility of a boat in college. There is a marina very close to college and it will cost me 200 dollars every month for rent.

There are a lot of things I don't know about boats but I want to learn. I will also be working part time and will get a paycheck around 400 dollars every month.

So what do you think? Do you think I should do it and live my dreams or wait until I am older?Do you think I am too young to own a boat?
Do it. It is not that difficult to live on a boat, especially in a marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment