Thursday, January 12, 2012

I need money NOW (I can't even sleep at night) any suggestions?

I need money as soon as possible...I am very desperate and I would appreciate any help you could offer me.



I want to buy a new Harley Davidson so bad I can't stand it, I can't sleep or think of nothing else...I haven't slept in 28 hours, I just look at the bike on-line and HATE the fact I can't have it now!!



Here is what I am doing:



I put up for sale one of my older bikes, I also have my runabout boat listed for sale...I considered listing my sailboat but I just can't do it...it's my party boat with friends and I have too many good memories with her, she is a 50 footer and I love her.



Income: I do have 14.5K per Month income from my trust fund but it would take forever to save for it...plus my house payment comes out of that, food, utilities, insurance, 3 car payments and my fun money.



I can't borrow the money: I already tired and they want at least 5K down and they said my f****** credit score is too low, they said it was like 520 and I needed at least 690 or some BS like that.



I asked my Dad to give me the money and he said I have plenty...LIL...right!



Any suggestions...I'm really not interested is selling any of my things other than the one boat and the older bike



ideas please????I need money NOW (I can't even sleep at night) any suggestions?
I think the other people that have answered this question are the tip of the iceberg so far as a reality check goes. Sounds like you have some cool toys, but they're not making you happy, bummer. Any idea why? Like, I have a ton of amazing jewelry, but like it or no I've only got one neck. 3 cars + harley still = only one thing you're cruising in at a time.



BUT that's not the question you asked.



Do you really know where that 14.5K/mo goes? I'd say document it for one month and see if you can cut anything (other than the beloved party boat!) without cramping your style.



Can you consolidate anywhere? (ie: throw a little more money towards one of the 3 current cars and try to knock that loan out faster to add to your play money sooner?) Maybe you're bored with one of the three? I'm sure they are probably all unique in their own way, but is one of them maybe less cool then the harley? Maybe ditch a convertable (if you have one) so that you can rationalize that the hardtop is the rainy day car and the harley is the gorgeous weather ride? Just brainstorming. I know you said you are trying to sell a bike %26amp; a boat already, so you kinda have this covered. 3 cars is a ton only because they take up space %26amp; the maintenence is a hassle, where a new bike wouldn't be as time consuming right away. Anyway...



Is there ANYTHING you can do to cut back just a little? Maybe one or two less dinners out a week? Watch movies at home, rather than go out, under the guise of you %26amp; your friends are able to drink through the entertainment w/o you looking cheap?



I don't know what you do for fun, so it's hard to make suggestions that will speak to how you really live day to day... your options are basically to figure out how to get more money coming IN or tweak how the money goes OUT.



Longterm: a good credit score opens more doors than all the trust funds in the universe, I swear. I'd seriously look into consolidating loans or at least refinancing the current toys if you can't bear to part with them, so that when you want something REALLY big later, you'll have the weight to make it happen. The best ways to improve your credit score are to:

- pay your current bills on time, more than the minimum

- don't open any new credit cards, and never close an account, especially the oldest ones you have that show you've had credit established in your name for a long time.

- once you've paid stuff down, choose a couple of accounts that you just won't use anymore. The amount of debt you have compared to what you total credit limit is = a huge part of your score. Leaving yourself that emergeny account or two doesn't seem like a big deal, because you know you have the trust money coming in, but it makes you look damn good on paper!



Last strategy: After documenting your expenses for a month (or 2 or 3), and tweaking them to be attractive (less debt!) ... maybe talk to your dad again about increasing the limit because you can prove you know where it's going AND can prove you need more? Bare minimum it will show him you're thinking about being responsible. Have him get someone to teach you the basics (betond what I've got here) %26amp; he will be mucho impressed.



Good luck! I will think Harley thoughts for you.I need money NOW (I can't even sleep at night) any suggestions?
Thx for choosing my answer! Now tell me what kind of bike, so I can go look online and be that much happier for you!

Report Abuse

I need money NOW (I can't even sleep at night) any suggestions?
"I just look at the bike on-line and HATE the fact I can't have it now!!"



Sell your computer; buy a Trek.



This is my compassionate answer.
Boo hoo. Time to grow up, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment