Thursday, January 12, 2012

How do I find a sailboat music box? I am looking for a specific one.?

When I was younger, we got a sailboat music box at a garage sale, I believe. It was copper (or at least it looked like copper) It had a music box piece below it that I had to wind up to make it play a tune. As it played the tune, the sailboat would rise up and down (looking like it was sailing on waves) because its bow was resting on a part of the music box. As the music box turned and made music, a bar protruding from the front of it would make the boat's bow rise and fall. It broke a long time ago, and most of the pieces have since gone missing. I have looked all over the internet. Do you know where I can find one like it? I only have the little wind-up music box part now, which says Jokiwol, made in Japan. Searching for that yielded no results either.How do I find a sailboat music box? I am looking for a specific one.?
Such an antique will be quite difficult to find. It's this rareness that makes antiques so desirable because it provides a little discovery that you never expected. It's more of as a pleasure of acquisition coming from the sheer thrill of search and find. I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but for the best, I suggest perhaps you start looking around antique shops and search out. Along the way you may not find your music box but many other things that you may find also rare and so interesting. Say, if your old sailboat music box was common like a rock album, would you have found it as desirable as now?How do I find a sailboat music box? I am looking for a specific one.?
If you have tried ebay, check craigslist out they may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment